Do you dream in Gantt charts? Do you love liaising between techies and laymen? Do Merlin Mann and Jason Fried hold the same celebrity status to you as the likes of Beyoncé, Johnny Depp, or Kim Kardashian?
Well, then. You may have found your next career opportunity.
Reusser Design is looking for an Account Coordinator; that special someone who can keep our team of developers on task. They’ll be working closely with the client and with our developers so that our web solution isn’t the apples our clients’ oranges (or worse — grapefruits).
The right candidate must be able to understand technical information, translate it effectively for the client, and vice versa: be able to interpret a client’s requirements and wishes for our developers. They’ll be our velvet hammer, able to keep our designers and strategists on task, as well as the client, gently but firmly getting content, media and approvals so we can advance through the stages of our projects efficiently and easily.
The person in this position will also be talking with their pool of clients on a regular basis. They’ll be attentive to the client’s needs, help interpret and disseminate their wishes, and manage their expectations. With a knack for being able to talk to anyone about anything, the right candidate will be a listener and a visionary, not a huckster.
The right person for the job will be a hybrid between an account executive and a project manager, and must be intimately familiar with the web.
- Must have completed a four-year degree at the college or university level
- Must have experience in managing multiple web projects and clients simultaneously
- Must be fluent in a Mac environment, and have the capacity to navigate efficiently in Basecamp (our project management system) and quantify their hours worked in a time-management program
- Must be able to work independently and meet aggressive deadlines in a rapid-paced environment
Qualities we look for
- Be friendly and outgoing, representing Reusser Design to the client in a positive manner
- Be detail-oriented and be able to quickly recount multiple pieces of information when called upon
- Be an effective, clear communicator. Writing skills are important, as is a friendly, professional phone demeanor
- Loves the devil in the details, and has a great system of self-organization
- Is passionate about serving clients in a wide scope of industry, from multinational retailers to local nonprofits
If selected, you will work in a friendly, passionate environment that fosters creativity, innovation, and web geekery. Long walks on the beach aside, in our off-time, we’re probably catching up on the latest Apple iOS release or watching “Guy on a Buffalo” on YouTube.
Reusser Design is a small, innovative team with a tech startup feel in the heart of downtown Roanoke: an artsy, upbeat small town bursting with culture located just down the road from southwest Fort Wayne. You’ll be up the street from Joseph Decuis, the Village Inn, a yoga studio and a bevy of art galleries and antique shops.
Go to TeamReusser.com, and submit your resume to us, along with a cover letter with some of your favorite books or blogs about project management, customer service, and/or managing accounts at a creative services agency. What techniques do you like best? Why? We want to see your passion for it, and we want to share in that passion.
We’re accepting applications until Friday, September 5 at 5:30 pm, so be sure to apply before then!